It’s all new and all wags!
Announcing our Indoor Dog Park, offered on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm and Sundays from 11am to 1pm!
Rain or shine, what better way to enjoy time with your pup and other Pet Parents! Stop in for some ball chasing, tail waggin’ times that are sure to bring a smile to all!
If your pup isn’t a member of our pack yet, meaning they have never participated in our Doggie Day Camp program or stayed over in our Doggie Hotel, they will need to come in for a Temperament Test, which can be booked with ease by calling us at 203.481.2000. Once that’s out of the way, your pup is welcome to come play or stay at The Metro Pooch at any time.
All dogs must be up-to-date on their required vaccines (Bordetella, Rabies and Distemper) to participate in the Indoor Dog Park; however, do not need to participate in our program on a regular basis to enjoy our park.
Cost: $10 PER Dog
To maintain a safe environment for dogs of all breeds, temperaments, and sizes, we have established the following set of dog park rules:
- “Off-leash” dogs must be under voice control by their owners at all times. If voice control is not possible, do not enter “off-leash” areas. Voice control enables owners to stop dogs from misbehaving.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the Dog Park; Dog owners must have the leash in hand at all times while their dog is participating in play. In the event of problems, dog owners should be able to quickly leash and remove their dogs from the premises.
- Dog owners must remain in the park and keep their dog in view at all times, especially in “off-leash” areas. No dog may be unattended. Unattended dogs are more likely to get into trouble and stay in trouble than dogs who are being watched.
- Puppies under four months of age cannot not enter the park. Puppies under four months of age have not received all of their vaccinations. They should be kept away from the dog park for their own protection and that of other dogs.
- No infants or small children are permitted in the dog park. Small children, especially running children, may be regarded as prey animals by strange dogs. Dogs may also feel the urge to protect children they know. This tends to cause aggressive behavior.
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their animals. The Metro Pooch LLC assumes no responsibility for damages caused by visiting dogs.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park. Any dogs showing signs of aggression should be removed from the premises immediately. Aggressive dogs tend to engage in fighting behavior. Any dog that engages in fighting and cannot be stopped by voice command does not belong in the dog park.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the dog park. Female dogs in heat can cause aggression in male dogs. Also, females in heat should be kept at home in order to prevent unwanted puppies.
- Do not bring human or dog food inside the park. Small dog treats and drinks for Pet Parents (no glass) are permitted. Obvious food can prompt aggressive behavior between dogs.
- Do not give treats to any dog without the owner’s permission. Some dogs may have allergic reactions to some treats.
- Do not bring any dog toys inside the park. Dogs may claim toys that do not belong to them, which may lead to aggressive behavior. The Metro Pooch provides group toys.
- Owners must clean up any dog droppings made by their pets. Bag all droppings before depositing them in provided receptacles and clean all urine in, on or around articles that may become “marked” by their pet with the provided mops. Owners help keep The Metro Pooch Indoor Dog Park clean and well maintained by picking up after their pets.
- Cost PER pet: $10 regardless of length-of-time at the park
- For the safety of your dog(s) and other park visitors, choke, prong (pinch) and spike collars are strictly prohibited. If you use these types of collars, remove them before entering the park.
Failure to abide by the park rules may result in loss of privileges. Staff has the right to dismiss a dog at any time for bad behavior or if Pet Parents are not tending to their own pet